Bursledon Youth Football Club is committed to creating and preserving the safest possible environment for children to play football.
It is the duty of all club officials, team managers and any other individuals either directly, or indirectly, involved with the Club or teams playing within the Club, to be aware of and help prevent the abuse, either physical, sexual or emotional which children can suffer.
Bursledon Youth Football Club accepts that children’s welfare is paramount and all children, whatever their age, culture, gender or religion, have the right to protection from abuse. All suspicions and allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately.
- To develop a positive and pro-active position in order to protect all children and young people who play football, enabling them to participate in a safe and enjoyable environment.
- To demonstrate best practice in the area of child protection.
- To ensure that all team managers have completed the FA Safeguarding workshop, and have clearance through the DBS.
- To ensure that the child’s welfare is, and always must be, the paramount consideration.
- To ensure that all suspicions of abuse are taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately working in partnership with both the children and their parents/carers